Contract disputes resolution course involves reviewing alternate contract strategies, the types of claims presented by owners and contractors, and the best practices for avoiding construction claims. Participants learn the importance of communication and documentation, analysis of claims and the various means of quantification including productivity and delay analysis, change management, and the various means of resolving disputes.
Duration: 3 days
Fee: 2699 CAD per participant
- Recognizing factors causing project overruns in cost and/or time and resultant construction claims
- Understanding the contracting strategies employed to minimize claims
- Appreciating the contract administration issues pertaining to construction disputes
- Understanding the importance of project controls, documentation and communication
- Knowing the methodologies used to present delay and productivity claims
- Knowing the different approaches to quantifying claims
- Knowing the means and methods of resolving disputes
- Recognizing the factors that give rise to construction disputes and minimize their potential effect on the firm
From contract disputes resolution workshop the student will:
- Developing an ability to make sound professional judgments as you learn more about your role and responsibilities
- Understanding contractor ?and owner perceptions about interpretation and enforcement issues
- Applying knowledge of the details of construction contracts, change requests and claims, time provisions and pricing of changes
- Appreciating risk management and risk provisions in contracts
- Recognizing factors giving rise to construction overruns and the means to minimize their impact
Who should attend contract disputes resolution?
Owners, contractors, engineers, architects, designers, project managers, operation managers, client service managers and contract administrators who observe, review or supervise construction contractor performance or otherwise administer construction contracts, whether in private practice or on owners’ staff. Participants will learn the practical principles of contract interpretation and enforcement and their role in it.