PSP stands for Planning & Scheduling Professional, a certification granted by the Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) to individuals with fundamental knowledge and expertise in planning and scheduling.
The AACE grants the PSP certification. To be eligible for this certification, one must have a minimum experience of four years in planning and scheduling and a four-year college or university degree. Those who have not acquired a university or a college degree must have at least eight years of experience in project management, scheduling, and planning.
The PSP certification exam takes around five hours to complete and consists of 119 questions and writing an essay.
Planning and Scheduling Professional certification should get renewed every three years unless the PSP certification holder has obtained 12 CEUs in these three years.
Why get a PSP?
The process of planning and scheduling is a crucial aspect when it comes to any business, but it is essential for significant establishments working on large-scale projects. Enforcing an efficient planning and scheduling practice is vital as projects can be complex and cost from little to no investments to millions of dollars.
Project management is a complex process, and the project manager is responsible for planning and scheduling the project. This responsibility also includes hiring the right individual for the corporations. If you seek a career in this profession, you can become a certified project manager to demonstrate your knowledge and skills before potential employers.
Obtaining the PSP certification in planning and scheduling adds a massive value to you as a planner. The certificate sets you apart from other professionals, proves your unique skills, and benefits your employee. Also, the PSP certification opens the door to multiple opportunities for professionals by being internationally recognized.
Obtaining a certificate that demonstrates your expertise and skills in using specific tools, alongside your experience and certification in project planning and scheduling methodology and principles, will help you stand out from the crowd further.
What is Project management, and why is it important?
According to the project acceptance criteria, project management applies processes, methods, skills, knowledge, and experience to achieve specific project objectives. Project management has final deliverables constrained to a delimited timescale and budget.
The vital aspect that differentiates project management from “management” is project management has this conclusive deliverability with a limited timespan, unlike management which is an ongoing process. Therefore, a project professional needs a wide range of technical skills, people management skills, and good business awareness.
Different institutions provide planning and scheduling certifications worldwide. Each institute offers specialized certifications. These institutes include the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE International), the Project Management Institute (PMI), and the Guild of Project Controls. AACE and PMI are two of the most respected institutions to offer these internationally recognized certifications.
These project management institutions establish the standards for each level and create a standardized exam. With this exam, one can implement the level of preparation and knowledge in project management.
What Can You Expect in 3target’s PSP course:
- You will be able to take the steps toward your career goals or change to the planning career.
- With the PST course, you will be able to think about planning from a different perspective.
- The PST course assists you in creating, reviewing, and editing project plans and schedules.
- 3targers PSP course helps you become a uniquely skilled professional planner.
- PSP workshops help you out in your team building and buy-ins for the program you have created and ensure that everything is achievable through your planning skills.
- 3targer PSP workshops help you understand TIME’s actual value by planning right.
- If you choose to work as a professional planning and scheduling engineer, PSP workshops are essential for your career growth.
3targets Planning & Scheduling Professional workshops add value to you as a planning professional and your employer. PSP creates new market opportunities for anyone interested in the planning field!
Who Should Participate in Planning & Scheduling Professional Workshops:
- Planning and Scheduling Engineers
- Project managers
- Engineers working in project management
- Planning Engineers who wish to enhance their professionalism by acquiring a unique set of skills and knowledge
- Planning Engineers who hope to be accredited by the most prestigious institute, the AACEI
- If you are a new graduate seeking more significant and more lucrative job opportunities.
- Any engineer on the lookout for a rise and keen to learn how to plan and work effectively.
- Any Engineer who’s been stressed and punished by missed deadlines and desperately wants to change his situation
- Any Engineer who lacks principles in their work
- Anyone who wants to develop life-changing planning skills so they can meet every one of their deadlines.
- Anyone with the big picture in their mind
- Anyone who wants to see their projects from their manager’s point of view.
Planning & Scheduling Professional Examination Structure:
- 5 hours maximum
- 119 simple, multiple-choice, and compound scenario questions
- One memo writing assignment with a given scenario and instructions for registering a response in an onscreen text box
- Closed Book
- Any style, battery-operated calculator permitted (not provided by the testing center)
Planning & Scheduling Professional and Certified Cost Professional can be used together to study fundamental cost engineering and essential planning and Scheduling.
To be certified as a Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP), a candidate must meet the minimum eligibility requirements and successfully pass a written examination determined by the AACE International Certification Board.
The Planning & Scheduling Professional workshop helps you to answer the following questions:
- What must be done in the future to reach the project objective?
- How will the project be done?
- Who is responsible for it?
- The project timeframe.